Lasting Power of AttorneyNovember 20, 2022
SGFinDex review by a Financial PlannerDecember 1, 2022
TM #goAffluence technically as a plan term that is Whole of Life but is also a limited payment Investment Link Policy (ILP). Like most protection based regular premium ILP, it accords the flexibility of protection and investment returns potential. Boasting as high as 296% initial bonus to help accelerate your wealth, this new ILP plan is now available for distribution by PhillipCapital.
Extracting directly from their website. Here are the benefits of the plan at a glance. Please refer to exact policy wordings at the end of the day.
- Choice of premium term (between 15 to 30 years).
- Choice of funds (Select from a suite of best-in-class ILP sub-funds).
- Help yourself to unlimited premium holidays to meet your evolving needs.
- No charges on partial withdrawal.
- Receive up to 12 months premium relief upon retrenchment.
Accelerate your wealth
- Receive initial bonus up to 296%.
- Earn a Loyalty Bonus of up to 0.99% p.a. from 3rd Policy Year.
- Earn up to 85% Achievement Bonus of annualised premium.
- Dividend-paying funds.
Enhanced Protection Benefits
- Choice of Advanced Death Benefit or Basic Death Benefit.
- Additional enhanced coverage upon accidental death.
- Medical reimbursement against accidental injury.
Some things to note. This post will get dated. And the product might not be available for new subscriptions at some point. Hopefully this serves as reference for future policyholders who have forgotten what they have taken up.
There can be shifts in planning narratives over time. For example, limited premium tenures gain popularity over the years because people are less confident of their future earning capacity or sustainability of income levels. Regular payout features gained popularity when more and more people are in tune with the FIRE (Financial independence retire early) movement. An extended period of low interest rates brought down insurance products’ returns yield for policy holders, but now in a rising interest rates environment, things are set to change.
TM #goAffluence may or may not fit into your financial plans. Understand that there is no best plan for all time, but there is a method to objectively facilitate your decisions. Read more about it here.